How does one go about finding a good metal roofing contractor in Lakewood?
It used to be the yellow pages, now it’s the internet. If you are any kind of legitimate business the internet is your friend. This is the first place to begin checking out businesses. Many people used to think checking on someone’s reputation through the Better Business Bureau (BBB) was the way to go. But the truth is the BBB is not a reliable source as they pretty much only cater to businesses that join their club. Basically, they are an unreliable source.
So what makes one roofing contractor better than another? Like in any service business it is their experience and education. Not all roofing contractors will touch metal roofing although it is gaining in popularity. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of choosing a metal roof:
- Durability – Obviously metal is strong and reliable. It does not decompose or stretch and expand like other roofing materials. It also will not crack or curl. Many metal roofs are designed to last 30 years or longer if installed correctly which typically far outlasts most other materials. Although the original material was copper used in the early centuries it has evolved into galvanized steel, stainless steel, aluminum and a few combinations of metals.
- Design – It comes in a variety of materials and colors. Because of this versatility it can match almost any architectural or climate style. It can even simulate other competitive materials such as tile, shingles or cedar shakes. So you end up with the look of something more attractive with the strength and durability offered by having metal.
- Green Benefits – Disposing of all other types of shingles results in over 20 billion pounds of non-cycled material filling our landfills each year. Over 50% of discarded metal roofing is recycled each year although 100% of it is recyclable. In addition, metal provides insulation and can save as much as 40% in energy costs throughout the year.
- Added value – A metal roof will add long-term value to your home over other types of roofing. Even though installation costs are a little higher in the front end you will come out a lot better in the long run by the time you factor in low maintenance and longevity.
- Cost – There is no way around beating the cost other than doing some comparison shopping. Make sure you are comparing apples with apples. There is a range for metal roofing just like there is for anything else. Try and get one that fits into your budget but remember you get what you pay for.
- Noise – Some people appreciate the sound of rain drops hitting metal, others find it annoying. You need to determine which one you are because you will be living with that roof for many years.
Metal roofing is a specialty of Colorado Premier Roofing and they are well recognized for their experience and expertise. If you are looking for a metal roof to top off your construction project, you will want to give them a call today at 303-789-1107. Give them a chance to tell you why they are the best in the metal roofing business.