Most insurance policies cover roof replacement when the roof damage was unpreventable. These reasons could include fire, wind, hail, The easiest way to know what’s covered is to contact your insurance provider. Coverage will depend on a variety factors like age of the roof, and location. So know the specifics of your policy work!
Replacing a roof can be expensive. So on top of familiarizing yourself with the limits of your coverage, you will also want to take some precautions. The following could help in the event that you file a claim with your insurance for the cost of a new roof:
- Keep updated photos of your roof and exterior of your home.
- This is going to allow you keep up a timeline and serve as visual proof of what your home’s appearance has been over time. It may sound simple, but photos could be the difference between approval and denial of your claim.
- Keep trees and shrubs reasonably trimmed.
- Similar to the note above, you want to make sure you’re taking proper precautions to prevent damage in the first place. If you don’t have proper tree care, an insurance company may deem you as negligent and deny your claim. Don’t cheap out on tree care as it’s relatively cheap compared to roofing repairs!
- Record the dates and times of storms that affect your property, and inspect for damage after the storm passes.
- Keeping a detailed record of any events that may cause a claim are a must! The more information you can present, the better off you will be!
- Repair damage in a timely manner. If you need roof repairs give us a call – we do full service roof repairs.
- Don’t wait on repairs! The longer you wait, the worse issues will become and the more expensive it’s going to be for you! We want to win your business, but we don’t want to see you dealing with a crisis because you ignored prior damage.
This information above is provided for your convenience; it is not intended as insurance advice. Contact your agent for more information.
We work with ALL Insurance companies! If yours isn’t listed below, don’t worry, we will still be able to work with them. Here are some of the major ones: